All fellows take on a research project during their time in the NNICU. They will work with a mentor and their project will be tailored to their particular interests. The goal for each fellow is to present their work at the annual Neurocritical Care Society Meeting in the fall of their second year.
Examples of former fellow clinical projects
- Overnight extubation safety
- Triage of small ICHs to step down units
- Do formal EEG rounds improve care of status epilepticus patients?
- Has the increased use of travel/temporary nurses changed outcomes?
- Is there a role for standardized use of bedside pupillometry after LVO?
- Can a standardized respiratory care protocol prevent re-intubation in neurologic injury?
- Can use of Sim-Lab improve 1st year fellow performance during bedside procedures?